Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's a Good Thing...

...when your dad is a doctor.  Stitches on your chin are a lot easier to handle.


Guess the kid? That's Luke getting his first stitches (and hopefully last).  Anyone who has been to our house has probably heard me tell Luke, "Luke, stay off the kitchen counters.  I'll get you a glass."  Yeah, that still is a good piece of advice.  After another sneak attack on the kitchen, Luke tried to get a glass, slipped, and he split his chin on the new granite countertops.  He had two pretty good teeth marks on his tongue where he bit down extremely hard, which will heal, but the chin needed stitches.  Upon seeing it, I told Madison (very calmly, I might add), "Madison, go get Daddy."  Luke joins the "Stitches in the Chin Club" with his Uncle Clay who received his as a toddler while jumping in the bathtub.  Hopefully, Luke won't be climbing on the kitchen counters anymore...hopefully.

I'm also very grateful Edward was home this past weekend for this. He spent the first half of the week in Texas for work, so if there is a blessing, it was that he was home to help with Luke.

1 comment: