We have known for quite awhile we needed to trade in my minivan. It was five years old (we got it just after we had Luke), had 100,000 miles on it, and it was just time. Add three years of hard time in the desert with the heat and the sand, the car was ready. It was a great minivan, and we would have been happy with another Kia. However, there weren't any 2012's left anywhere but Louisiana and Texas that had a dvd player and leather seats, so we decided to get a Honda Odyssey. We haven't been disappointed yet; in fact, it's been an awesome car so far. This was the day we got it, but since then, it's been back tot he dealership for the roof rack and crossbars (part of the deal) since Honda doesn't install them as a basic part of the car. So, now we are all set for long-distance traveling. I think my favorite new feature is how the bottom center console glove box is actually a cooler, so after a hot morning at swim lessons, I have a cool bottle of water to drink!
The Clemson Alumni sticker and license plate have already been put on the minivan :)
Sadly, I was told the Army is not giving out DOD car tags anymore. I've had those forever, and I'm actually going to miss them!

Sweet wheels. I am excited about the DOD stickers being a thing of the past. I can't wait to not have one on my car when we get to our new location. I've never been a fan about people knowing so much information about us (clay being an officer in the army, etc...) from our car. I prefer to be incognito. Haha.
ReplyDelete