Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Our Last Day at Denali

We spent our last day up at Denali hanging out with Jennifer and Andrew.  We had lunch with them at their house.  Now, we stayed just across the main road from them, but with weaving back into the woods and dirt roads, it took about 15 minutes to get from our cabin to theirs.  We rented a cabin here http://www.denaliwoods.com/Amenities.html and I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of it.  I guess we were always so tired after a full day's outing that I totally forgot to take some at the cabin.  Anyways, the cabin where we stayed worked out really well, and we enjoyed counting moose between our cabin and theirs.  So, our last day, we had lunch with Jennifer and Andrew.
Alex loved finding sticks at their cabin.
I had to get a picture of their car. Cars in Alaska have to be plugged in during the winter with the extreme temps.  Plugs like this hang out of cars all over the place.
Alex and Uncle Andrew sitting outside on their trailer
The kids declared one of the best parts of the whole trip was riding on their 4-wheeler.







 After lunch, we stopped back in at the park's Visitor's Center where our kids became junior rangers again!  This lady wasn't as excited nor as sweet as the last one.



We had a really great trip to Denali and learned SO much!  We repacked our bags, rested up, for we had a 250 mile back to Anchorage the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment