Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fishing

Edward scheduled a fishing trip while we were in Seward.  Now, the fishing wasn't in Seward, but about 150 miles away.  So, very, very early Wednesday morning (it was plenty light outside, as it doesn't get dark), he drove over to his fishing group.  He really wanted to fish for salmon, and that was the river to do so.  The kids and I stayed behind, did laundry, and tried to get to feeling better.  Madison picked up something, and she's usually pretty healthy.  She started running a fever in Anchorage, and she ran it for several days, along with a cough (how did we get through the winter without colds and such only to pick them up on vacation??).  It's a good thing Dr. Dad was there. He had all of his tools with him and kept a close eye on her.  Well, Alex then started with a fever as well.  Luke and I were trying to keep them in good spirits while Edward was away for the day.


 On his driver over...



 This would have been around 4:30 A.M.



Other fishing groups






Lots of wildlife



 Great picture of this bald eagle


 Another great picture of a bald eagle







Beautiful flowers (Jennifer, I know you'll love the flower pictures).



Another moose


Okay, so you might wonder where the fishing pictures are...HE DIDN'T CATCH A SINGLE FISH.  No one did.  Apparently the salmon run in this area is way down, and no one was catching anything.  In fact, one of the rivers was closed to fishing due to the low run.  Go figure.  I think the whole idea of fishing in Alaska is a farce  :) 

Edward said he had a really great time, even if he didn't catch any fish, and that's all that matters.

I told him he could go fishing again the next time we go to Alaska, but if he doesn't catch any that time, he's done, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment