Edward's mom came to visit this week, and we kept her very busy in the kitchen. I have been wanting to learn how to can some veggies, and she and Edward's stepdad do a lot of canning. So, she brought her canner, and away we went. We weren't sure if we were going to be able to find any half runner green beans, but the local produce stand finally came through for us. We had a great time in the kitchen, and even the kids enjoyed helping some.
Now, the Northerner I am, I am not a fan of okra, but Edward is. So, I froze some of it. Madison really wanted to help, so I taught her how to cut the okra. She was delighted with this task and did a GREAT job with it. She cut a ton of okra and asked for more after she had finished.
With Jean Ann's help, we canned 21 jars (a full bushel) of beans. I will probably never forget sitting, watching the Olympics, and breaking beans.
Here's she's showing me how easy it is to do dill pickles. We made five jars of them.
Thanks so much for coming, Jean Ann. We had a great time seeing you this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment