Last Friday, our MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group had its Halloween party. I've been running the MOPS group here for almost two years. MOPS is an international Christian-based outreach group targeting moms as they journey through motherhood. Each group is sponsored by a church, and here, the chapel sponsors us. I used to run it with my friend Heather, but she stepped down to start getting ready for their PCS. I'm now running it with my friend Jessica, and I'll finish my term at Christmas. It's bittersweet to finish up. I've enjoyed running MOPS, but I too, must start getting ready for our next PCS. I guess it would help to know where we are going...ahh, the joys of the Army. Anyways, we had a fun Halloween party, and the food was awesome, as usual. Since we have so many amazing cooks, we have a blog setup just for our recipes. Trying everyone's food is one of my favorite things here. I've gotten some great new recipes I'll treasure forever!
This was my dish. I made a Twinkie Trifle. Thanks goes to my mom for sending me this recipe. It was a BIG hit. Oh, this is the trifle BEFORE I added a tub of Cool Whip to the top.

Madison is always sad to miss my meetings. Now that she is in kindergarten, she doesn't get to come, as we meet on Friday mornings. She always enjoyed coming over after preschool (preschool is next door to the chapel, so all the kids come over) and sampling the food. On Friday, Heather sent this ghost home to Madison. It's two marshmallows with a white chocolate covering. She and Luke both had one and loved them!
The trifle turned out well! It looks pretty and tastes delicious! :-) Love the ghosts, too.
ReplyDelete