I received a text message from my neighbor, Kellie, today, saying, "Madison received third place in the Hispanic Heritage Art Contest at school." Seriously! My daughter did well in art?? Madison is a GREAT artist, something I never was (and even though Edward isn't here, I can venture to guess he wasn't the artistic student either), and I'm so proud of her for her sweet poster. Her class all had sombrero pictures to decorate, and she jazzed it up with glitter everywhere. Apparently, that was sparkly enough to land her third place in the contest. The kids were judged by Grades K and 1, Grades 2 and 3, and Grades 4 and 5. The winners were announced at lunch, and Kellie, happened to be the one they asked to take the pictures of the awards. So, that's how I was given the inside track on her winnings, and thanks to Kellie, I have some pictures of the big award :)

Madison with her prize artwork...the winners were given these nice tote bags full of goodies. Madison even shared some of her winnings with Luke. She was so excited about her award.
Way to go, sweet girl! Keep up the artistic ability. I think you are already eons beyond my abilities!
WooHoo! Way to go Madison!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Madison! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete