I thought the title from Judith Viorst's book was the best way to describe Alex's day.
Alex figured out how to climb out of his crib. I almost wrote "learned how," but believe me, I didn't teach him how to do it. At 16 months old, he's lasted the longest without learning this trick. We moved both Madison and Luke into twin beds at this age...sadly, I think we're getting closer and closer to doing that with Alex. I did take out the bumper, which up until now, he didn't mind, but I saw him standing on it today. So, maybe the extra couple of inches there will help?? That's probably wishful thinking. I'm sure Edward will be "glad" to come home to this newly acquired skill.
And, here's the kids' bathroom. Sadly, this is the SECOND time today it looked like this! Alex did it the first time as soon as he got up this morning. During his morning nap, I cleaned the bathrooms and was so happy to have nice, clean bathrooms. After he got out of the crib this afternoon (no nap of course after he learned how to climb out), he did THIS!!!! The kids know they are supposed to keep the bathroom door closed, but we have the French doorknobs on all the doors (handicapped accessible housing). He can open the doors!!! Uggh! Yesterday, he pulled a rolll of toilet paper into the toilet. That was fun. Now today, he's gone through two more rolls of toilet paper and now a box of Kleenex. He must be stopped!!!! Oh, and that's also a bottle of shampoo he pulled out and somehow he pulled the hand towel off the rack and threw it on their laundry hamper. What a mess.
Apparently, toilet paper is becoming a bigger priority on the grocery list.
No comments:
Post a Comment