Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Alex-Proof (I hope)


Yes, that's right. I'm blogging about a trashcan. Alex has an obsession with the kitchen trashcan. He's thrown away a TON of things, some of which we haven't discovered in time. We had a flip top lid trashcan, and he could easily get into it. Well, after returning from North Carolina and getting the latest trash update from Edward, we decided enough was enough. So, armed with my coupon, off to Bed, Bath, and Beyond I went. With a large family, I knew it would be foolish to get a small can, so I got the motherload 13 gallon kitchen can. Of course, our small store didn't carry it, but they ordered it and shipped it to the house. It finally arrived today, so hopefully, we have come to the end of "Alex's Trash Era."

I had the kids try to open it, and they had trouble (with their hands), which is a good thing. Hopefully, Alex will be stopped. He doesn't know how to step on the pedal...yet.

It was more expensive than I wanted, BUT he's thrown away a hand mixer, popcorn air popper top, and countless cans of food, chips, and toys. Edward discovered Alex had thrown the hand mixer away one day while I was gone, and luckily, the trash hadn't come yet. He was able to rescue it, but sadly, the popcorn popper top is gone. I'm guessing Alex doesn't like green chilies...I found eight cans in the trash one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment