Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Two Months Down

Well, we have completed two months of the deployment.  Man, how it seems like so much longer!  We are doing fine here, missing Edward, but otherwise, things are moving along.  We have our ups and downs, but school has helped a lot.  The kids are back into a structured routine/day, and that is such a blessing.  My kids thrive on structure.

This past month we:
-Took a trip to Charleston
-Went to Raleigh for a birthday party
-Went to Wilmington to see my parents
-Went to Charlotte for a birthday party (really need to find birthday friends here, haha!)

-Madison started 1st Grade, riding the bus, and buying her lunch (depending on the menu)
-Madison started soccer
-Madison already brought home her first school fundraiser (cookie dough anyone, haha)
-Luke started Pre-K
-Luke started soccer
-Alex started preschool for the first time ever
-Alex continues to act like he's two

-Had to return my IPad for the second time (not a fan of Apple right now)
-Alex stuck two DVDs into the car's player.  The dealership priced a whole new unit at $1500, so yeah right.  They said they couldn't get them out, but they referred me to a "sketchy" place that might be able to do it.  I'll take sketchy if he can get them out.

-I finished painting the house!!!!
-I had an electrician out to fix two outlets that didn't work.  They were  more complicated than it seems, and I'm so glad he could fix them.
-I put down 60 pieces of sod around the yard (to fill in where the weeds were winning...the yard is sod, and the front is awesome, but the back needed some work)
-I have two vegetable gardens growing.

-Found a church we are happy in
-Joined a Sunday School Class
-Started going to Wednesday Night Dinners at church (they run all school year)
-Madison and Luke started kids' choir, which goes after Wednesday Night Dinners
-Started going to a Monday Morning Bible Study at church

-Made three nice friends and hope to build on that friendship.

-Sent countless packages to Edward via Amazon (LOVE using Amazon for him!  They rock, and I love their FREE SHIPPING even to overseas).
-Sent three boxes (with two more today) to Edward from us.  A lot of artwork is inside  :)

-Had an earthquake, hurricane, and tropical storm go through here (all separate)

-My parents visited a few times
-Edward's parents visited over Labor Day


-Miss Edward dearly
-Pray for his safety all day, everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment