Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Crash of '11

I can't believe I forgot to blog about this!!!

Over Labor Day weekend, my in-laws came to visit.  We had plans for a nice, leisurly day with football.  Well, overnight, I had a huge crash in my room (just what you want when your husband is gone and in the middle of the night).  My first thought was Tiger getting into something, since the house alarm was on, but Tiger was passed out next to me.  So, I got up to check it out in the bathroom.  It wasn't the nice cabinets Edward and Jason, his brother, put up before we left (thank goodness), but it was the closet!  The whole left side of the master bedroom closet had come crashing down.  Apparently, the builder hadn't put the shelving into the studs, and I was the recepient of that nice jesture.  The people before us didn't live here much (although, as I said, house was kind of beat up), so I'm guessing they didn't have much hanging there, or it just finally gave out. Well, that was Edward's side, so there was just stuff everywhere from Army uniforms, to clothing, etc.  Ironically, I had wanted to reorganized the closet, as the layout wasn't working for me, and when we moved in, we just got stuff hung, BUT I didn't want to reorganize with a mess like this.  So, Saturday, my father-in-law, James, and I rebuilt the closet's left side.
So, I started by piling up Edward's clothing in the jetted tub.  There was so much stuff!  Eventually, all of the closet took over the bathroom, and it was hard to walk around in there.  It looked like Edward was moving out, haha.
Thanks to James, we bought some new brackets and are back in business.  It took most of the day to get things resettled.  We did take a few quick breaks to check out the football scores, but what a pain.  Here's the completed project. I actually switched sides (which is what I wanted to do). This is where Edward's stuff had been and now mine is.

From the doorway, Edward's stuff is now where my stuff was.  I can't explain why it works better, but it works much better for me.  Hope you like it, Edward  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment