Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Hurricanes

Luke's soccer team is called the Hurricanes. They had their team pictures tonight, and I was actually able to get him to do a "normal" smile.  He has really loved playing soccer, and his coach has been perfect for him.  He scored a goal at his first game and was beyond happy. 

Madison practices on the field next to his at the same time, so that has been awesome for me. Alex and I put the beach blanket down and watch.  I'm sure you have an image of a nice, relaxed evening, but it's not that at all. Alex is obsessed with mauling me.  He can't stop throwing himself on me.  He's heavy!  No matter what toy/book/snack/activity I bring, he finds it more fun to just pounce on me.  The times we've tried to just walk around, he throws a fit and wants to be carried...ahh, two-year-olds.

Soccer is going pretty well, but it could start cooling off at any point now.  That, and the constant rain, have made it a bit of a challenge.  If it's not raining at practice, it's super muddy.  One thing we all miss is the super small soccer teams from YPG where we knew all the kids/parents, and it was just a great time to hang out with everyone and watch soccer.


No comments:

Post a Comment