Sunday, September 25, 2011

Children's Museum

Yesterday was the Smithsonian Museum Day, so many museums were giving out two free passes for the day.  I found out that the local children's museum was on the list.  Since it was a rainy day, it ended up being the perfet time to take the kids.  The had so much fun!  The museum isn't very big at all, but that was kind of perfect for three kids.  It was all interactive with different stations for different careers.  The kids enjoyed the post office, doctor's office, dentist's office, grocery store, weather desk (yes, they really had one!!!), fire station, soldier camp area, and probably a few I'm forgetting.  We went in the morning, right after they opened, and it wasn't too busy yet, so it was perfect for us.  The kids are already asking to go back.

Alex loves our play kitchen, so the grocery store was right up his alley.


 Luke loved being the check-out guy.




 Madison bought crab at the store.





 I thought this turkey was hilarious.




Luke liked the puppet area too.



 The Weather Desk!!!  Madison LOVED this, and even people there thought she was so funny.  She was giving very accurate weather forecasts for different parts of the country.  A couple of people asked me how she knew so much about the weather in different parts of the country.  I told them some of it was due to us traveling/moving around a lot, and some of it was just pure interest.  People laughed when she said San Diego would have a tsunami; North Carolina and Florida would have a hurricane; Oklahoma would have a tornado; and Maine and Alaska would have snow.  Oh, she said there would also be a sandstorm in Arizona, and rain in Tennessee and Ohio.  It was so funny, and I wish I could have gotten that on video.



 Doctor Madison

Luke on the fire pole.  Sorry this is blurry.  I tried to get a good shot several times, but Luke was so excited about sliding down the fire pole, and I couldn't get him to slow down ever.

I found more pictures!  I thought I had uploaded all of them off my phone, but I missed these.











No comments:

Post a Comment