Yes, we all know that kids say some great things. Madison has a history of really funny comments. Our trip to Tennessee didn't disappoint.
While at the graveside funeral, Madison had a lot of questions. That was fine; she had a lot of things she wanted to know, and I was happy to answer them. Funerals are very confusing, especially when you are five. Anyways, Madison (and all of our kids) did a great job at the graveside portion of the funeral. When the service was over, Madison asked me about one of the floral arrangements. It was a star-shaped stand-up display with a sort of crepe paper material.
Madison: "Mommy, is that a pinata? Are we doing a pinata after the funeral?"
While trying not to laugh, and knowing she was totally serious, I told her that, no, we weren't having a pinata at the funeral.
Just the visual image of a pinata at a funeral was priceless.
I did tell Madison pinatas were only for birthday parties.
In her defense, it did look like a pinata, and I think Nana, with her sweet tooth, would have enjoyed a pinata :)
And Then We Laughed
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment