The kids say funny things all the time, and I need to document them more.
We ran errands this afternoon/early evening, and I took them to Arbys for dinner. Now, we rarely go to fast food places, so they are delighted when we do go. The kids LOVE Arbys.
Madison calls sesame seeds "Sesame Street seeds"
On the topic of fast food type places, we also have a Panda Express. Sadly, we don't have other Chinese options in Yuma, so we've been there a couple of times.
Madison calls the place, "Kung Fu Panda" and is delighted when we drive past it. She's got Luke calling it that now.
We seem to have Jack in the Box on every corner out here. I'm not a fan, and the kids know we don't eat there. Whenever we drive by one (and it's often because they are everywhere!!!), the kids yell out, "It's a Jack in the Box...we DON'T like that place."
They have come to think of Pizza Hut as a five-star dining opportunity. Seriously, they are obsessed with going there, and I've only taken them there a few times. It doesn't help that Pizza Hut and Jack in the Box are next door to each other in the Foothills where we go to the grocery store and church. I have to hear about it the whole ride (and now they are getting ready to open a McDonalds there too!).
Madison's biggest obsession, by far, is Kneaders. It's like a Panera Bread or similar. It's good, but she wants to eat there anytime we go into town. They have a bakery with homemade cookies that come with the kids' meals, which is what she likes. She's gotten Luke to jump on the bandwagon too. It doesn't help that Kneaders is in front of our only shopping area, Yuma Palms, so anytime I go to Target, Kohls, Children's Place, Old Navy, pretty much any shopping we have in Yuma, it sits in the front parcel of the shopping center. I've gotten to where I turn early and take a back entrance to avoid it.
Ahh, never a dull, nor a quiet, moment in the car!
And Then We Laughed
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment