The kids and I spent the 4th of July in Wilmington. We all kept it a pretty low-key day since everyone seemed to be tired...shocking that my three kids would wear everyone out! Anyways, Madison and Luke were going a little stir-crazy, so I took them out for a chunk of the day. Alex, who was sleeping, stayed back at the house with my parents. My plan was to just go the waterfront, walk along, and look at the boats. Our day turned out better than expected!

My pals for the day..dressed and ready to hit the waterfront. We walked through this nice shaded park area between where we parked and the waterfront area. Mom and Dad live just a few minutes from the waterfront.

Wilmington Waterfront


So, my plan worked out beautifully when on our walk, we came across a boat ride going out. The boat was getting ready to leave, and so I asked them about the ride...$4 each for 20ish minutes-awesome!!! The kids loved the boat ride so much. The boat went between the two big bridge of Wilmington, just up and down the waterfront. It was perfect for them. Plus, the boat wasn't that full, and it was a beautiful day. They are still talking about their boat ride.

Madison with one of the bridges in the background


The kids did really well about not standing. I didn't have to tell them once to sit down. They were allowed on their knees to see the sites, and they listened so well.

One of the sights was the USS North Carolina. It is permanantly docked here, and we see it anytime we go into town. The kids were SO excited to get this close to it. I want to take them on the tour...maybe next visit.

Luke refers to these as "soldier boats" since we see a TON of them in San Diego. He loves the soldier boats!



After our ride, we stopped for ice cream. Madison has taken on my love of mint chocolate chip, which is what she got. Luke got cookies and cream, and I got a new flavor that was really good too.

Enjoying his ice cream and watching the birds
After ice cream, we walked around the mall to cool off, where they happen to have a double decker carousel. Can you guess what they enjoyed about the mall?
We really had a nice outing, and it took up a chunk of the day. The kids and I returned to my parents' house for a cookout and bedtime. It was a very nice 4th, but we all missed Edward.
No comments:
Post a Comment