Friday, June 7, 2013

Tropical Storm Andrea

Tropical Storm Andrea dumped almost 4.75 inches of rain on us so far (4.5 of that was just today).  We are scheduled to get an inch or so more tonight, so yes, we're floating away over here. 
 
 I heard the storm was coming earlier in the week as I started filling the pool, so I left room for extra water. The levy has held, and no breech has been detected  :)

 The weather cleared for a couple of hours tonight as the different rain bans moved through.  It was nice enough to eat outside.  Luckily, the chairs are made of the quick drying fabric, so it wasn't too wet at the table. After the kids' feasts at school today, I went for a very low key meal tonight.


 Then, with the weather still clear (thank goodness for that!), the kids hopped in the pool for about 45 minutes.  It was perfect timing, as it was getting pretty dark again as they finished up.

 Luke practicing his backstroke

I didn't realize this at the time, but you can see the water pouring out, as it's really high in the pool!

Alex practicing his backstroke

By the look of the sky to the east, you would think we had a beautiful day.  I should have taken a picture to the north, south, or west to show what the weather was really like!

No comments:

Post a Comment