Tuesday was VERY hot, but we still traveled the LONG way over to Mt. Vernon (about 10 miles away, if that) from Clay and Karen's house. The crew was ready to explore; Madison was extremely excited, as she LOVES to study the presidents.
Ready to begin our visit
The kids wanted to pose with George and Martha
Mt. Vernon
The crew
Wes didn't make it through the house tour; he didn't seem to enjoy it :) My kids really liked the house and couldn't believe they saw the bedroom where George Washington died. We all loved the view from the porch. It's one thing I still remember from visiting as a child.
With my girl
My traveling companions
Their purchases...Madison bought five books, and the boys bought, well, muskets.
Later that evening, after Karen and Clay spent the afternoon on the Labor and Delivery floor (just a scare...no baby yet) and I watched all the kids, Clay and I took the kids to the neighborhood pool. Needless to say, my kids had fun.
Great way to end a hot day!

No comments:
Post a Comment