Saturday, June 15, 2013

The North Carolina Zoo

On Thursday, the hottest day of the summer, so far, we met up with longtime friends from Arizona.  My friend Heather and her family were in NC visiting family, so we finally got to see each other after two years apart.  We did so much together in Arizona, and it was so nice to hang out again.  They are currently stationed in Northern California, so there's no telling when our paths will cross again.
 
My crew waiting for Heather's family. We brought our only stroller, as Heather didn't fly with one.

Kate and Madison.  Kate is now five and a half (turning six in Sept). We first met Kate when she was 10 months old.


 The dino exhibit was a huge hit!












 Logan, Heather's nephew, was along for the day.  It worked out perfectly with Heather's two girls, Logan, and my crew.











It was SO good to see Heather and her family.  I miss having her around!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were seeing Heather! That sounds so fun. Looks cool- in all of our years here (even when I was growing up here) I have never been to the NC zoo. Isn't that wild?!

    ReplyDelete