Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Awards Day

The kids had their awards' program at school yesterday.  This week, I feel like I'm living at their school.  Awards-Monday, Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast-Tuesday (that was a good breakfast!), Spelling Bee Final-Wednesday (GO MADISON!!!!), and class parties Friday. I must comment on the parties.  So, Madison came home and said she had volunteered for me to bring in pizzas. Okay, that's funny, but fine.  Then, she said no one wanted to bring in paper products, so she put her hand up and said, "I'll bring those in too. My mom uses a lot of coupons, and she gets that stuff free or almost free all the time. We have plenty of plates, cups, napkins, and silverware to bring."  So funny, yet true  :)  Then, today, Luke brought his party form home and said, "I told my teacher that you LOVE to cut up strawberries (news to me...I just have to do it a lot), so I told her you would go and pick strawberries, cut them up, and bring them in."  So funny. So, yes, Friday, I'll be going to the school to deliver pizzas, paper products, and strawberries.  By the time Alex gets there, maybe I'll just start a catering service.
 
 Here is the kindergarten, six classes of it. Luke was put right in the middle of the group. They sang three songs, including one in Chinese.  I'll hopefully get that uploaded, even though I have no idea what they said.  They sang well, as the Chinese teacher was delighted with their performance.


 Here's Luke getting his end of year awards from his teacher. For the year, he won the bus award (best behavior on bus), PE award, music award, computer award, and art award. One boy and one girl per class wins these, so he's done very well.


 There was an hour between the kindergarten and second grade awards, so I had Alex and Becca at the attached public library for some puzzle time.

 They built this completely by themselves.

 Madison's awards with her teacher-For the year, she won the Chinese award twice, the art award twice, the PE award, the computer award, was Student of the Month, and was the class spelling bee winner.

Here's her class!  They both had a great year with awesome teachers. I know Madison is especially going to miss her teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment