We really missed having a vegetable garden in Arizona. It was way too hot there for anything to grow, whether in the ground or in pots. We're very excited to grow vegetables here. We arrived at our new house a little late to plant our normal stuff, so this past week, I decided to go ahead and plant a few Fall veggies. It stays hot enough into the Fall that hopefully something will grow. The kids are SO excited about the garden and go outside every morning to see its progress. It hasn't even been a week, and several things are already starting to grow.

I was going to build my own, but when I was at Lowes, I spotted this veggie planter box. I kept my eye on it, and that paid off. I got it for 65% off, so I got two because I think that will be about the right size. So far, I have only put the one together, but the second is coming soon.

The kids enjoyed helping build the trellis. Madison thought you had to line up the veggies in the boxes.

Here's our first planter box. It came out really well, and the wood being cedar was a nice surprise. Stay tuned for garden updates...
No comments:
Post a Comment