Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Bus Stop and Irene

Day 2 of Back-to-School...

Madison wanted me to take her picture again because Luke was in a picture-taking mood. So, here they are together for the second day of school. The boys start preschool in two weeks.


All ready for school, today with lunch in hand.


Finally, a picture of my crew!
Madison went off for another great day at school. As her day was ending, I was getting ready to walk down to the bus stop to get her. The boys and I had been keeping an eye on the weather as Irene was approaching. Here's Irene 15 minutes before the bus was due.



Here's Irene five minutes before the bus was due...

So, the boys and I dug out our umbrellas, dusted them off (you know, from not using them for three years in Arizona!), and we walked two houses down to the bus stop. We had two umbrellas, and it was not raining yet...
We came home looking like this! Just as we arrived at the bus stop, it LET LOOSE. The umbrellas didn't seem to help much as it was raining sideways. I tried to shield us, but as you can see, it really rained HARD. The kids thought it was awesome, as they love rain after three years in the desert. Madison came off the bus, laughing at the rain, and took off running to the house. The boys and I followed with the umbrellas. We were quite the sight. I decided to go ahead and get them their baths because it wasn't like we were going back outside to play, and they were soaked. Glad I did, as we lost power about 20 minutes later, which was just annoying. The power came back on about 5:30, and I was able to cook up a quick dinner before heading to bed.
Irene has moved on, thank goodness. We got about two inches of rain and a TON of wind. The kids got a great memory of their bus stop run in an approaching hurricane.


No comments:

Post a Comment