Saturday, August 27, 2011

More House Pictures

I took these a few days ago and thought I'd already posted them. Anyways, here they are:


This is the library. It was actually the original dining room, but with this massive house, it was the smallest room in the house. We decided it was too small for a dining room, so we made it into the kids' library. It's off the kitchen, so we figured it would be a great room to do homework, art projects, and such. I waited to take a picture because my dad had to move the chandelier and put up a ceiling fan (thanks, Dad!). There are two matching desks...one for the computer, and one is for crafts/artwork/homework.

I put the kids' Pottery Barn chairs in the corners too so they have a place to read. I had Madison's angled, but Alex didn't like it like that. They've really been enjoying their computer. It's nice to show them how to use the kids' games on Nick Jr. and for Madison to learn email. She's loved sending messages to Edward and other family members.



The almost-finished dining room! I still need a nice picture over the buffet, but it's coming. I know the picture I want to buy, but the picture is in Myrtle Beach, and well, I'm not. There's the chandelier my dad moved from the library to the new dining room. This was a formal living room right next to the family room. We decided that wasn't necessary, especially with a playroom upstairs, so we made it into our dining room. It's a great size, and we entertain a lot (well, when we have friends :)
Standing in the real living room, looking at the dining room and front of the house

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! My wiki site is http://meredith-thompson.cmswiki.wikispaces.net/ and there should be a lot of things for Madison to do on the 1st and 2nd grade links. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete