Saturday, August 6, 2011

Baltimore Inner Harbor

Wednesday morning, the kids and I ventured to the Inner Harbor of Downtown Baltimore to visit the aquarium. After parking, we walked by some of the boats before heading into the aquarium.


The kids really liked this Coast Guard cutter.




As we came up to the aquarium, they had to get their picture taken with the Maryland Crab.

Once inside the aquarium, we toured the Australia habitat where they had to have their picture taken with the crocodile swimming by (yes, he was real in a glass enclosure).

Luke was very proud to show off his crocodile shirt, worn just for the aquarium.

This is a display of a Great White Shark's mouth....the kids couldn't believe it.

We watched the aquarium's dolphin show.

After the aquarium, we walked along the harbor and had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. They were ready to go by dessert, but wanting dessert, so we got one to go and sat on the harbor to eat it. The kids were fascinated with the dragon paddlewheel boats.

So, we went on one. It was quite interesting to take three kids on the water, but we all had lifejackets, so that helped. Madison had wanted to ride in the front, as the seats were two in the front and two in the back, but I had to have Alex next to me in case I needed to grab him before going overboard. Luckily, we all stayed in the boat.

It was misting, which was actually nice considering the humidity. The kids absolutely loved our half hour dragon ride and are still talking about it.

1 comment:

  1. Was it a great white shark jaw or a megalodon shark jaw? (I ask as I push up my shark nerd glasses.) :-) Looks like an awesome aquarium!

    ReplyDelete