For now, I put in a small garden at the bottom of the stairs. The main plant is an Oleander. I still need another Chinese Holly Bush, but Home Depot was out of them today. Notice, Alex has been "mowing" the yard too. He parked his lawn mower at the base of the steps.
The vegetable garden is growing like crazy (I'd say like a weed, but there aren't any weeds in it, haha). I just planted the left last Wednesday. It is full of pumpkins and gourds. I know it's late to plant them, but the kids are SOOOOO excited about our garden, so for $1.89 for the seeds, I decided to humor them. The garden on the left is doing really well for three weeks along.
I put in this garden too beside our air conditioner unit. I really should have taken a picture before because it was full of weeds and just a mess. It is really wet there due to the a/c water runoff. So, I tried to find plants that love water. I did the same thing last time we lived in NC, and I found that my Hostas did really well. I still need something else, and I'd love to find a Tropicana. I love those, and they do really well in a moist environment.
That's the latest update. I also have to mention I bought a new "toy." Some humor themselves with new phones and gadgets; I bought an edger. It's absolutely awesome, and my yard looks great after using it along the driveway. I know my string trimmer can function this way, but it's much harder to use that, and I just couldn't get it like I wanted it. The edger is a keeper and a great purchase in my book.
No comments:
Post a Comment