Edward, who will be leaving soon, wanted to take the kids to the beach. So, we spent last Saturday down toward Wilmington as a family. Everyone had a great time at the beach, enjoying the weather and overall setting. The kids were laid back and had a blast playing with Edward. It was so great to see them all interact, and it was nice the water was warm enough to enjoy! The Pacific is so much colder, and the kids didn't remember how warm the Atlantic was. They spent a lot of time riding the waves on their red and blue raft (yes, it reminds me of Jaws). Even Alex became an expert raft rider, delighted with his ability to stay on the raft while riding in the smallest of waves.
After a fun-filled day at the beach, we were able to enjoy a lovely dinner with my parents (who live nearby). I think Luke brought the beach to their house in his swim trunks. I'm surprised their tub drained after his bath; he carted in a ton of sand. It was a great getaway, and the kids are really glad they got to spend some time with Edward before he leaves.
Building sandcastles was a must

Alex loves to line up the chairs.

Madison really enjoyed her day.


Smashing sandcastles made by Edward and Madison





This looks like an advertisement..Alex snagged my drink, but he didn't seem to get that it was empty.

"Hello in there??"

"Anything there??"

Running machine



While the water was warm, Alex did get cold.

More sandcastles...such determination.




Just after this, Alex started to melt down. He was tired. We spent almost three and a half hours at the beach, and he had had it. Great day together all around.
oh, Wilmington how I miss you! I am so glad that you guys got to go before Edward leaves. It is coming soon! I am so sorry. Enjoy the beach for me.
ReplyDelete