Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Beach Vacation-Part 1

The kids and I just got back from a trip to the beach. We joined Edward's mom, stepdad, brother, and his family at Tybee Island, Georgia for a few days. I have a ton of pictures, so here's the start.

We started our trip Saturday morning by stopping for lunch at Friendly's. Now, if you are from the Northeast, you have probably heard of this great ice cream place. There aren't many in the South, but there's one off of I-95. The kids had never been, and it was perfect for kids, just as I remembered from growing up. We always ate at Friendly"s when going to and from Maine.

So, the kids' meals all come with a drink, meal (entree and side), and a delicious ice cream sundae of your choosing. The kids started with milk, grilled cheese (Luke), mac and cheese (Madison), and a hotdog/mac and cheese combo (Alex).

The kids were so excited about their ice cream. They picked out what they wanted from the menu and waited for it to arrive.


Alex got this sundae, vanilla ice cream with whipped cream, M & M's, and chocolate chips. Madison got the "Monster" with mint chocolate chip ice cream and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups on it.
Luke opted for the double cone with mint chocolate chip and cookie dough ice cream. He's not sure if he can eat it.
I got an old favorite and VERY hard to find outside of the Northeast, Black Raspberry. The kids thought the purple ice cream was cool, and I'm not so sure that it's a good thing they loved how it tasted too.
The kids ate EVERY DROP OF THEIR ICE CREAM.
Love Friendly's. New favorite kids' spot, and it's 40 min from our house. Plus, kids get their whole meal, ice cream included, for $1.99 on Wednesdays. We stopped again today, and we'll have to go back on Wednesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment