Many families do some sort of "count down" until their loved ones come home. I decided to do a "Kisses from Daddy" jar, filled with Hershey Kisses. Each day, each kid (and I-gotta have the chocolate!), have one. I tried to guesstimate the correct number. I bought at least 12 bags of Hershey Kisses, maybe more. I lost count of the number of bags after that. Needless to say, I don't think I could fit another one in there! As it gets closer, I can either have an eating freenzie one night or add more to the pot. I am really glad to have found this great jar. I started looking for one a long time ago and found this at Target when I was house hunting. My friend, Jen, was with me, and we agreed it should be the perfect size. As I said, it's completely full.


To get an idea of the exact size of this jar, you can see it's as big as a can opener, and it is extremely wide too. We have our Kiss after breakfast because that is the easiest time to remember, and quite honestly, the kids started asking me about it yesterday morning as soon as they got up.
What a wonderful idea. Chocolate was a great friend for me as well.
ReplyDeleteMy heart is with you guys through this next year...it still seems all so real to me. We celebrated Jacob's 2nd birthday today and boy did it bring back the memories of what a deployment means to a family. You guys will do fabulous, you are a wonderful family, we will be praying for all of you, including Edward through this time!