Sunday, August 11, 2013

St. Augustine Beach

On Tuesday morning, we hit the beach.  It was the perfect day for the beach with blue skies and hot temps.
 
Digging away



This is the view of our hotel.  It had the orange roof.  As you can see, St. Augustine Beach is extremely wide (and deserted!). That is one of the reasons Edward and I loved coming up here when we lived in Ft. Lauderdale.  It's a very quiet beach too, which I love.  There are only a few small hotels and a lot of homes.

 No one in sight!  I didn't think about it when booking, but a lot of the Florida schools had already started back to school. I remember when I taught in Ft. Lauderdale that my teacher workdays were in July.



 Alex was really proud of his hole.  He dug it by himself.

 Sporting the coolest boogie board

 Go Tigers!!


 Brotherly love


 Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed the water tool.



 Madison caught some great waves and really wanted to learn more about surfing.  After watching Shark Week all last week while at the beach, I think she's okay with just boogie boarding :)





  Cooling off at the pool

 While the boys stayed at the pool with Grandma and Grandpa, Madison and I did a little shopping together.  We rarely get to go out on our own, so we really enjoyed this time together.  I'm glad we did some shopping. Madison ended up with a brand new shoe wardrobe on this trip.  She ended up getting a size 6 ladies' shoe!  Yikes!  When Edward deployed, she was in a kids' size 1.

 Pretzel break

She also found chocolate covered strawberries, and well, who can resist that??

We ended up meeting the rest of the gang at a pizza place on the beach.  It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment