Thursday morning, the kids and I got up to rain. We had plans to go to Dollywood, so after a quick check of the forecast, we headed to Dollywood. We parked in town and took the trolley for $.50 each (a great find, I might add, and much better than the LONG tram lines and $10 park parking). After we got off the trolley, the rain started to end, which was perfect timing for us. It was still early enough, and the park was not busy because of the weather.
We went straight to the old-fashioned cars, always a favorite. I rode with Alex.
Madison
Then, we rode the Ferris Wheel. Madison wanted to ride alone.
Alex's first Ferris Wheel
The train "roller coaster"...this was Alex's first coaster. He was exactly 42 inches, which finally allowed him to ride most of the rides!!
Lemon Twist (I can do any roller coaster, but the spinning ones drive me nuts). Alex really wanted to ride it, and I had to ride with him.
Lunch!!!! We decided to eat at the bakery this time. I got a chicken salad sandwich, and the kids split a huge ham and cheese sandwich. Madison spotted this banana pudding. It was huge!!
Alex had eyes for the sugar cookie.
Enjoying her banana pudding...so, when I was getting the food, I asked our clerk if they had a military discount (Dollywood does for admission and some other food/items). I had my ID out, and she said, "Is your husband here?" which is normally an odd question because all you ever need is ID. I just said, "No, he's deployed." She asked if he was in Afghanistan, and I told her yes. She said, "Well, I'll pray for him," and she gave me a GREAT discount. So sweet again. What a blessing some people can be!
Eagles!
They had so much fun shooting water at the passing boat ride.
After a fun-filled day, we took the trolley back to the car. We really had a nice time, and it was a great day! Pop had a delicious tenderloin waiting for us at the house. Thanks, Pop!!
No comments:
Post a Comment