After the leaving the gators, my crew was hungry, so we went to an old favorite. Edward and I always enjoyed a good meal at "The Bunnery," so the kids and I headed to Old Town St. Augustine to eat.
We had a great lunch. The Bunnery is a bakery, also serving breakfast and lunch. Madison had a ham and cheese sandwich; Luke had a BLT; Alex had a hotdog, and I had a chicken salad sandwich. We topped off lunch with homemade cookies. We all enjoyed lunch very much.
Here's Old Town St. Augustine, just outside of The Bunnery. This is such a nice place to walk around. The kids enjoyed it too, and their favorite store was the popcorn store. Inside, the owner was really nice and had probably over 50 varieties of popcorn. The kids' favorite was Cotton Candy, and I loved the Chocolate Pecan. We HAD to support the retired military store owner and buy some popcorn :)
Luke was walking by these "bananas" and pointed them out to me. So, I was able to educate the kids on plantains. I know Edward would have really enjoyed having some of those. He loved eating those when we were in Ft. Lauderdale.
Later that evening, the kids and I went out to the beach.
It was a beautiful evening.
Again, after watching hours and hours of Shark Week, the kids were not about to swim in the water at dusk (and made fun of the people who were doing just that--near the pier too).
My big girl
They had so much fun just building a fort that would withstand the high tide. I really enjoyed just sitting there watching them try to build and rebuild their castle.
Still determined...
Holding steady, but time to go in for the night...until tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment