Sunday, April 7, 2013

Yard Work

It was a beautiful weekend, the first one we've had in awhile.  The temperatures were perfect for yard work.  So, the kids were pretty good helpers and very excited to prepare our vegetable garden. We worked ALL day Saturday.  We went to Lowes at 9:30 and after we came home, we worked until 12:30 when we took a lunch break. Then, we worked outside (or played as the kids did) until 5:30.  Sunday afternoon was much the same.  We came home from church, went to Lowes, and we worked in the yard.  Things aren't done, but the yard is already much improved.  The gardens should be finished this week.
 
 While I cleaned up lunch, Luke started on the weeds in the vegetable garden. I actually cleaned this out completely in January when we had a really warm weekend.  It didn't look like we had worked on it in years.


 One bed all cleaned out


Here's what two beds looked like before...


 My helpers

 Madison worked on shooting baskets.

 All done!



 Then, I got to work on the yard.  It, too, was in bad shape, in spite of being cut a couple of times over the winter.  The kids had a blast playing on the swingset while I mowed.  I was able to get it under control after mowing, string trimming, and edging.  Here's the finished product.

Finally, at 5:30, we called it a day.  We were all filthy, and while I had pork chops baking in the oven, everyone took a bath/shower to clean up. We had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment