Madison and Luke went to Camp Rockfish last summer. A couple from our church runs this camp, so we know quite a bit about it. Last year, it was raining during the Open House, so even though we went, it wasn't all that fun. This year, it was a beautiful day, around 68 degrees. The kids and I had such a nice afternoon touring the camp and checking out all the activities. Madison has been telling me forever she wanted to do overnight camp this summer, so she's signed up. Luke waivered about the overnight camp, deciding today, after remembering the fun, that he, too, wanted to do the mini overnight camp (three days instead of six). So, both kids are ready for summer camp. They won't do that until July, but they will also go for a week of day camp in June with our church (our church is invited out every year since the directors go to our church).
I signed the kids up for camp right away, and when that was all done, we went right for the climbing wall.
Luke was up first, and they kept telling the "little guy" if he needed to come down and not finish, they'd get him down...yeah.
As you can see, he quickly passed this little girl who was about Madison's age, maybe even older.
At the top!!! Ready to repel down
Next up, Madison. They also told her not to be afraid :)
Nailed it. Awesome job!! Now, I didn't get any pictures of me going up the climbing wall, but I, too, made it to the top! It's a 40 ft. wall, so it's no little climb. The kids were jealous that I got to use the zipline down. You have to be over 12 years old to use that, and they loved watching me come down. They were standing next to the zipline cheering. It was cute.
Madison wanted to show off her favorite lake activity, the tube slide.
There's a new subdivision behind the tube slide (on the other side of the lake). We looked a several houses in there when we were moving, and I told the kids they could have just gone on a swim to come to camp.
Beautiful day
It was a miracle, but none of my kids fell into the lake. My neighbors weren't so fortunate. The son and the dad flipped the canoe (well, the son really did it), so they had to leave early. ****NOTE**** I am REALISTIC in what I can handle with three small, ACTIVE kids. Notice, I didn't try the canoe with them!!!!!
It's a beautiful camp.
Stop for s'mores...again, no pictures of actually roasting them. I, too, did that part, knowing that no one needed to catch on fire.
BB Guns
Archery
While we were there over three hours, we still didn't have time for everything. We eliminated the arts and crafts because, let's face it, my kids love the outdoors.
No comments:
Post a Comment