I turned 35 this week, and thanks to my family and some great friends, I had a nice day. It was so strange not having Edward around this year for my birthday. I did get to talk to him, and I was wished a "Happy Afgan Birthday," but I did miss him. My parents came over to help me celebrate, and I so enjoyed hanging out with them for the day. We ran errands, went to lunch, and hey, we even got crazy and used the pressure washer on my front steps (I've been wanting to do that for a long time!).
My parents brought this really pretty cake. We all enjoyed it (past tense, as it is gone).
These flowers were from Madison. She spoke to my mom last week and told her she really wanted to get me flowers for my birthday, but she didn't have anyone to take her to the store (I didn't know about any of this). So, when my parents came over, my mom took Madison out on a "special errand" to pick out these flowers. It was so sweet, and she was just delighted to pick out flowers for me.
Luke brought home a very nicely written, "Happy Birthday Mommy" note. Knowing that he could write "Happy" and "Mommy" I guessed he got some help with birthday. When I told him how much I liked it, I asked if he had help. He told me, "Yes, when I told my teachers (he has a teacher, teacher's aide, and a student teacher) that it was my mommy's birthday but I was sad I didn't have a card, they (knowing Edward is deployed) helped me make a card for you." Awww, it was so sweet, and I just melted. It was a great birthday from those standpoints, but I hated to not have Edward around too.
Thanks for the birthday wishes.
No comments:
Post a Comment