Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Roller Skating

Madison's elementary school hosted a familiy skate night last night at the local roller skating rink.  I wasn't sure how it would play out with three kids who couldn't skate and one mom, but it went well.  I stayed on the "sidelines" with Alex while I let the other two get out there with skates. Madison got skates for her birthday, but Luke had never skated.  He rented some and now tells me they are at the top of his Christmas wishlist.

All ready to go


 Luke rented these beginner skates.  Next time, he'll be ready for regular ones.  He's pretty athletic and was doing very well moving around on these.  Oh, and for anyone who thinks the helmets are too much, you didn't see how many times my kids wiped out and "used" their helmets.



I was worried Alex might get mad he wasn't skating, but he loved watching everyone.  It was almost a bad thing that he seemed to take comfort in others falling.  Everytime someone fell, he laughed, and I mean really laughed.  I'm glad it entertained him.

No comments:

Post a Comment