Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of Preschool

Alex had his first day of preschool for the year today.  He is attending the same Methodist preschool he went to last year.  Alex claims he is a "Big Boy" since he has now moved up to the three-year-old class.  Since he is obsessed with orange, his outfit had to contain it too. He opted to keep his shark lunchbox from last year because well, it has orange on it  :)  Even his new Stride Rite running shoes are covered in plenty of orange. 

The little man had a great day.  Many of the moms from his class laughed at how easily our drop-offs went.  For one thing, most of the kids in his class were also in his two-year-old class, so we got the fits of "I don't want to leave Mom" out of the way last year.  On the flip side, the moms were fine too, as we realized that for most of us, these three-year-olds were our youngest kids, so we felt like seasoned veterans dropping off our little people.  It's hard to be sad for them when they are SOOOOO excited to go to school. I barely got a good-bye as Alex went right in, hung up his bag, stored his lunch, and found his assigned seat next to his favorite pal, Adeline. All of this....and they are in a different classroom with a different teacher (you know, because they are "Big Kids").  He's growing up so quickly, but I'm so happy he loves preschool.  Now, I didn't mention that to get into his classroom today, he did have to step over a little girl having a very rough time, throwing a major fit, kicking the door, and just pretty upset about having to start preschool.  At pick-up, she came running out, delighted with her day  :)  We, the seasoned veteran moms, reassured this new mom that things would be much better tomorrow :)



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad he had a good day! We've had some rough drop-offs the past few weeks, too. Alaina should be a veteran, but with summer off she (and I) have had some tears. It does get better, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete