These are just a few of the wonderful ladies I knew in Yuma. They were great friends, and this was taken the night of Edward's promotion party. I really appreciated the help and support they lent that night. I'll miss them greatly (as I already do!). This was right outside the chapel, around 7PM, and it was still over 100 degrees. Just in this picture, we have 26 kids between all of us.
Madison wanted one last picture in her room. It's empty except for her mattress, which was boxed.
And, the final good-bye to Yuma. This was the day we pulled out, June 3. We had just checked out of our house. Both cars are packed, loaded, and ready to leave. We traveled with the bag on top of the minivan with our night's stuff in it. We ended up carrying 1300 lbs between the two cars (we had to get the cars weighed empty and full as to get paid by the Army to move that stuff). We mainly moved stuff they won't (candles, batteries, and such), along with our "essentials" such as clothing and a computer. The kids have already said they miss our huge cactus you can see at the back of the house. I DON'T miss the rock yard! I definitely miss my neighbors.
Good-bye Yuma. Thanks for a great three years.
No comments:
Post a Comment