Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Daddy-Daughter Dance

Edward and Madison attended their first Daddy-Daughter Dance this past Friday night. The first day Edward was in-processing, he was getting the info for the kids to be registered at the CDC (Child Development Center), who has great programs for deployed families (including free childcare). Anyways, they had a flier up advertising this dance, and he knew it had Madison written all over it. So, he bought the tickets. Now, at the time, it didn't seem like a problem that a jacket was required for the dads at the dinner. It's not a problem IF you have your clothing here. So, the day of the dance, when we were told our stuff wasn't coming, as it had been promised, he had to venture out to the mall to buy a suit. All included...suit, shirt, socks, shoes. Yeah. Fun. Of course, he said most guys were in their military dress, but of course, his was on the truck. Anyways, the two had a great evening, and I'm sure it will be an annual event. Madison said she loved the buffet, which Edward said was tailored to little girls. The dinner/dance was held at the Fort Bragg Officer's Club. I'm glad they had such a good evening.
Madison was so excited to go. She watned to put her dress on at lunchtime, but I held her off. I even did her hair, but she didn't like how the hot rollers felt, so she took them out pretty quickly. I know the bathroom looks awesome. We were getting ready to paint that evening, and that's why there's tape on the walls and the ladder in the tub. I promise it is squared away now.
Waiting on the hot rollers

Ready to go!
Back from a fun-filled evening

No comments:

Post a Comment