Monday, June 20, 2011

The Last Day of School

Madison had her last day of school on Friday, June 3. She had a great kindergarten year. The year ended with an early release and then off we were on our cross-country adventure. I hope she will always remember the great year she had in Yuma. I'm very glad she had a wonderful experience here. The staff was great, and I loved the smallness of the school. I had asked a week prior if they could have her records ready to transfer to North Carolina. When I picked her up on the last day of school, I stopped by the office, and they had already put all of her records in her backpack! She's all set to register at her new school.


Madison and her teacher, Mrs. Irwin. She was a fantastic kindergarten teacher.

Her elementary school, complete with this painting. One of the soldiers on post just did it, and it's a very good illustration of what Yuma Proving Ground really does.


The school got its first marquee. The PTO worked forever to get this!! I'm so glad it was put in before the year ended. It might not seem like much, but for those of us who wanted it, it is a huge deal.



James D. Price Elementary School, Yuma Proving Ground, Arizona

Madison's reading buddy from the fifth grade class stopped by one last time to say good-bye before we pulled out. Madison learned so much reading with her, and they became sweet friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment