Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Date Night

While Edward and Madison attended their dance, the boys and I had a date night. Luke has wanted to go golfing forever. He first was intrigued by it when we were at Death Valley visiting Jennifer and Andrew. Our room was right by one of the holes, and he thought it looked awesome. When we moved in, we discovered a mini-golf place down the road, BRAND NEW! So, for our date night, the boys and I went to a local favorite of ours, Sammios, for pizza, spaghetti, and garlic bread. They ate EVERYTHING!!! After dinner, we went for an evening of golf. We had a great time, and the boys loved it. I wasn't sure how Alex would enjoy the mini golf, but it was a huge hit.

Ready for their evening out! I told Luke he had to wear "golfing clothes" instead of his usual favorite cotton shorts and t-shirt, so he changed into his golf attire. Alex did too.


After I filled up their bellies with pizza and spaghetti, we were off to golf. They had a perfect, plastic-sized club for Alex.








It wasn't Wonder Mountain like my sister, brother, and friend Carin used to go to in Wells, Maine every summer, but it was a good mini golf place. We'll be heading back, many times, I'm sure.

Without prompting, Alex did most of his golfing with his left hand. Madison is left-handed, and we're thinking Alex might be too. He seems to have the same tendancy. Nonetheless, they had a blast. We made it through about 14 of the 18 holes before they seemed to get disinterested. Actually, they were very interested...in the go-carts on sight too. Alex was too little for those, so we just had to watch.
We ended our date with ice cream at the nearby Dairy Queen. Luke loved the fact that a couple of police officers came in for ice cream too. Luke loves police officers, so that made his night.

1 comment: