As if life wasn't crazy enough with two kids' birthdays, a 2600 mile cross-country move, the Army decided Edward's promotion date would fall at the same time. Actually, his promotion date fell as we were en route to Ft. Bragg. We joked that what were we supposed to do? Stop by Ft. Campbell or something on the way and find someone to swear him in? Actually, that would have been cool if his cousin, who was already promoted, wasn't deployed, but it didn't happen that way.
So, I decided to throw Edward a promotion party in Yuma, and we had it the last Tuesday we were there, May 31. We had packers at our house that day until 4:30, and the party was at 5:00. I planned on 75-100, and we were right about at that. I served lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and a cake. What a blessing it is to have such wonderful friends! I miss them already, as some really helped me with the food. A special thanks to all of them for their help with cooking lasagnas, helping with the cleanup, and helping overall in anyway!
I decided to have the party at the Post Chapel Fellowhip Hall. Our neighbor and friend is the chaplain, so getting the room was no problem. Plus, he setup a lot of it. It was really the only room big enough on post to accommodate all of us too, and it had a nice kitchen.
So, Tuesday afternoon, I took a break from packing patrol to take the kids over and setup for the party.
So, I decided to throw Edward a promotion party in Yuma, and we had it the last Tuesday we were there, May 31. We had packers at our house that day until 4:30, and the party was at 5:00. I planned on 75-100, and we were right about at that. I served lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and a cake. What a blessing it is to have such wonderful friends! I miss them already, as some really helped me with the food. A special thanks to all of them for their help with cooking lasagnas, helping with the cleanup, and helping overall in anyway!
I decided to have the party at the Post Chapel Fellowhip Hall. Our neighbor and friend is the chaplain, so getting the room was no problem. Plus, he setup a lot of it. It was really the only room big enough on post to accommodate all of us too, and it had a nice kitchen.
So, Tuesday afternoon, I took a break from packing patrol to take the kids over and setup for the party.
Here's how the room turned out! I used the colors garnet and gold, NOT because we are Florida State fans (we aren't, even though I got my master's degree there)! Gold is for Major, and garnet is his branch color (medical corps).
My little assistant placed herself right by the cake.
Besides the cake, I setup this picture display to show Edward's different military milestones. Included were pictures form Airborne School, ROTC graduation at Clemson, medical school graduation, first day as a resident, graduation from residency, and graduation from HALO school.
Love the garnet and gold! ha! Funny Burt is called Doc and I am Doc's wife! Congratulations Major Jones!
ReplyDelete