Sunday, September 12, 2010

Our New Niece/Cousin!

My sister, Meredith, and her husband, Harry, welcomed Alaina Joanne into their family, Friday Sept. 10. Alaina, who is already proving to be stubborn, came over a week late and weighed in at 8 lbs. 5 oz. (same size as Luke who was three weeks early!), and she was 21 inches long. She is already known for her beautiful blonde hair that is apparently really long! As you can see in the picture, there is a lot of it! I get to fly back to NC in a couple of weeks by myself to meet her. I can't wait!

I think it's hilarious that she fills out this newborn outfit while still at the hospital, and at birth, Alex at 5 lbs. 8 oz, was swimming in preemie clothing. Keep growing big and strong, Alaina!

Sporting a very pretty pink dress...okay, it's one that I got her :) I'm not even a pink freak, and I think it's too cute.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, look at that blonde hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that hair! Amazing! I'm so glad everyone is doing good!

    ReplyDelete