September 1 opened dove hunting season in Yuma. Go figure, Yuma is the "Dove Hunting Capital." Edward has been looking forward to this day since the middle of last September when the season ended! He and several of the guys here went hunting opening evening. Luke has been excited about this forever as Luke went hunting with Edward last year too. Thanks to my parents, Luke had a hunting outfit. He was absolutely delighted to spend the evening, "Hunting with Daddy getting the birds."
Madison, Alex, and I went to dance lessons. Madison and I are not fans of hunting, and well, Alex, he just got the short end of the straw on that. The three of us ended our evening with dinner at Kung Fu Panda (Panda Express, but try telling my kids that). Edward and Luke came back smiling from ear to ear.
And Then We Laughed
8 years ago
I agree... gross. And those poor birds!
ReplyDeleteJoey is sitting in our kitchen window now making his bird noises as I type this so I think he would enjoy the bird hunting, too. However, I think he will be inside as always again today.