Besides the Army, what do a Colonel, Major, and Captain have in common?
Well, let's start...Colonel=Post Commander, Major=Post Chaplain, Captain=Edward/Post Doctor.
What do they have in common besides being our neighbors?
They all piled into Edward's Enclave to go to the military ball tonight. It was a funny site.
So, I didn't go to the ball this year because childcare was WAY too expensive. A lot of wives stayed home this year due to the same problem, especially those of us with several kids (childcare was per kid). Anyways, Edward and the chaplain decided to ride together because his wife was staying home for the same reason. As the guys were loading up this afternoon (Madison and I stood in the driveway and watched...boys napping), the Colonel came out of his house ready to go too. The guys asked him if he wanted to ride along, and he hopped in...well, after one of the three carseats was removed.
I don't konw why it was so funny, but it was. It does show you how small this place is that we live on top of each other and how we all definitely know each other. I don't think at too many bases, senior officers would just "hop in" for a ride to town. I love this small base. I told Edward it was nice of him to get the car washed today for his date, haha.
Yeah, I'm sure this crew will have a wild and crazy evening, especially with church bright and early tomorrow.
They all looked super spiffy in their Dress Blues :)
And Then We Laughed
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment