Madison had her first soccer game this weekend on team "YPG Revolution." Aside from crying twice because she got grass on her shin guards, she loved it. We had a discussion about, "There's no crying in soccer," and I think she'll be fine now :)Soccer has become so popular on post, they have three 3/4 year old teams, two 5/6 year old teams, a 7/8 year old team, and a 9/10 year old team! It's amazing things have come so far. This is the first year teams for kids ages five and under have even been offered.
The Army kids are in a league with the kids at the Marine Base in town (MCAS). Most of the games are at MCAS (about 45 min drive), so pictured above is where we'll be spending the next six Saturdays or so. This past Saturday was a BEAUTIFUL day with temps around 75 and not a cloud in the sky (almost never have clouds here!).
I hope she continues to enjoy soccer. I LOVED playing it and hope she will too. Luke's games start next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment