Toward the end of my parents' visit, we visited San Diego. Mom and Dad flew in and out of San Diego, so the trip served a dual purpose, in returning them to the airport, along with getting a little sightseeing done. My parents had never been to San Diego, so they enjoyed it very much. We were able to stay out on Coronado. The Naval Lodge is under renovation, but we were able to get a room just off the base at the Best Western. We had a lovely time out there, despite the EARLY wake-ups from the kids.

We took the
fam to the San Diego Zoo, a favorite place of ours.


It wasn't too hot, temps in the mid-80s, a welcome relief from the Yuma heat!



I think we all enjoyed just how close you can get to the animals. The giraffes were enjoying their lunch when we walked by.

Luke thought this camel was funny-looking.

The new elephant area is nice and large.
This was probably the favorite stop, although very crowded. The polar bear wasn't doing too much, but we sat down, and about five minutes later, he started walking around. The trainer got him to walk up to the wall and pounce at it for a good little show.
I wish I would have taken more pictures, but if you know how it is to take care of three kids, you know why I didn't get more pictures! We ate at some of our favorite San Diego spots including the Coronado Brewery and Cafe Coyote in Old Town.
I'm so glad you came to visit Mom and Dad. Thanks for everything and all of your help. It was greatly appreciated!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment