The post started recycling awhile ago. Until then, we didn't have an option to do so. The kids have really gotten on board with recycling, as it's somewhat complicated to explain that the plastic bottles and aluminum cans will be reused to make something else. Anyways, they are so into recycling that as I'm using a product in the kitchen, it never fails that one of them pipes up with, "Ohh, that needs to go to the recycling!" They fight over who takes it to the garage where we keep our recycling bins. Here on post, you have to take the recycling up to the central collection point where they then take everything to town. I use the orange Home Depot buckets to store my recycling. I'm working on the kids to sort the recycling as they throw it away, so that each bucket holds the appropriate category. Here's what our recycling run looks like:



You might say we're so "green" by using our electric cars to take up the recycling!
Oh, and that's just a normal week's worth of recycling at our house. I'd do more if I could. They recently started taking cardboard products, but they still can't take glass.
That is hilarious! I'm glad the kids are so into recycling, the kids in my class and at church are really into it, too. I think that's pretty cool. :-)
ReplyDelete