We celebrated Madison's fifth birthday on Saturday, June 12 with a pool party. Everyone had a great day, and most importantly, Madison loved it. This year, she opted for a "Pink, Purple, and Yellow" party theme, so I did what I could. Our friend at church made Madison's cake, and I kind of let her run with a design. She didn't let us down :)

Madison's AWESOME Castle Cake!!!

Madison opened one present at the house. Kate got sick, so she couldn't come to the party. Her dad dropped off Madison's present, a preschool Barbie set. This has been a BIG hit!

Seriously, this is the best picture of the three I got all day! Three very active kids!


Thanks for the new swimsuit, Nana!

Madison's very good friend from church, Caroline-Madison was insistent that no party was complete without Caroline :)

Dessert and favor table

Alex needed to be latered up with sunscreen (our kids all wear SPF 70, and they still get sun!).



Food line-I made pulled pork bbq sandwiches, pasta salad, fruit salad, baked beans and then I also had chips, and potato salad. Edward made homemade ice cream, our usual.

Here's what our bbq looked like. It was delicious! I put four pork tenderloins in my crock pots, and then I shredded them, all the while adding tons of bbq.



Water gun fight

The boys

Madison and her BFFs



Caroline

Waterslide




With my little guys


Yes, the tower started to crumble...no worries, the kids were able to take care of that.

Eating the towers


Sienna, one of Madison's BFFs and she lives across the street

Big battle over who would get towers to eat

View of the pool-Apparently, it's now one of, if not the, nicest pools in the Army



Alex enjoyed cake too.


Sienna enjoyed helping Alex eat cake.

Delicious!!!

We've never had a pinata, but it matched her party colors, and it was a great deal at $4.99 (most are $20-$35)! Sooo, we got one.

Lined up by height/age



Leave it to our neighbors (the older boys and Sienna's brothers) to bust open the pinata!

Madison and her BFFs-Caroline, Madison, Sienna, and Samantha. Samantha is the only one who has been and will be in school with Madison. The two loved Pre-K together and will go to kindergarten together. They are super friends and enjoy each other so much.


Watching these little girls was so sweet!


Isaiah, our neighbor, is so sweet with Alex. If he were old enough, I know he'd want to babysit him. He LOVES coming up to Alex and playing with him.


Tired, but a good end to a great day

A very happy 5 year old!

View of the pool

Going to bed with her mermaid skirt
Thanks for coming, everyone! We all had a great time!
It looks like everyone had a blast... the food looks yummy. I love the cake and decorations; the whole party looked really cute. I really wish we could have been there.
ReplyDelete