Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Camping

With Edward's days stateside getting fewer and fewer, he wanted to take the kids camping.  So, last weekend, they went to Carolina Beach State Park in Wilmington.  I rode along, but was dropped off at my parents' house to hang with them. Everyone had a great time. I was glad Edward had some time to spend with the kids, and they enjoyed the weekend very much. It was a bit cold, but hey, when Dad is getting ready to head out, you take what you can get!
 
 Alex found the campfire.





The kids took most of the pictures, so yes, they are interesting. 


 Alex seemed to bring "everything but the kitchen sink" in his backpack.






 
 


The kids called Saturday evening to say good-night. My mom and I were in the car, heading back to her house after dinner.  We couldn't stop laughing after Luke got on and said, "I'm so sorry I burned a hole in my fleece.  I didn't even know I was on fire until Daddy put the fire out."  Yeah.  Apparently, Luke brushed up against the fire, and while I envisioned the worst, it wasn't anything.  Luckily, it never touched any part of Luke's skin. 
 
I also was told that Alex doesn't like s'mores.  He likes to peel them apart and eat each part by itself.  Madison, while a tomboy, still likes a shower even when camping. 
 
I'm glad they had so much fun, and I know they are going to miss Edward.  They asked if they could camp in warmer weather when he gets back  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment