Sunday, January 27, 2013

Doughnut Time

The kids brought home their report cards on Friday (the same day as our blizzard).  Krispy Kreme has a deal if you bring in a good report card, each child gets six free doughnuts.  So, after church today, we stopped by. Both kids had great report cards.
 
 What made this deal even better was that the kids got to select their free doughnuts.  I had told them to be grateful for whatever they got, thinking that six warm glazed doughnuts sounded pretty good. Well, the store said they had a choice of any doughnuts, so here's what they picked.  Madison went almost all chocolate everything, including a new one that has a huge mound of frosting in the center hole area. I decided that is what my sister would have gotten too.

Luke picked a few more "traditional" doughnuts, and Uncle Clay would approve of the "tractor tire" doughnuts.  Growing up, Clay loved that kind, and being from rural Ohio, they do look like tractor tires.  Luke calls them that too.  I did "splurge" for a doughnut for Alex too, as it's not his fault he doesn't get a report card yet  :)


We all enjoyed watching them make doughnuts.  Today, they were making heart-shaped ones to get ready for Valentine's Day.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, your sister would have gotten the chocolate monster. :-) I'm so proud of the kids! Madison looked so much like you in that picture (something I don't say often). Yay for Madison, Luke, and Dr. Alexander!

    ReplyDelete